Reclaimed Flambeau Mine Nature Trails
Built in partnership with the city of Ladysmith, the Reclaimed Flambeau Mine Nature Trails offer 4 miles of beautiful walking trails open from dawn to dusk. Trail maps may be found at the intersection of each trail.
Download new site brochure.
Located on nearly 150 acres, the site offers trails through grassland, woodland and wetland areas. See trail map and State of Wisconsin Certificate of Commendation.
The Copper Park Equestrian Trails are also open for hiking.
If you love to hike or would like to lose weight and get a little fitter why not join the Flambeau Fitness Incentive Team?
Nature Trail Rules
To ensure the Reclaimed Flambeau Mine Nature Trails & Recreation Area is enjoyable for all who visit, please be aware of the following rules:
- no motorized vehicles of any kind
- dogs are welcome if they are under control at all times
- no horseback riding on the hiking trails
- no hunting is allowed
- fishing is allowed at the Flambeau River, but not in wetland areas
- always stay on the marked trails
- while using the site, you are responsible for your own health and safety.
Equestrian Trail Rules
When hiking or biking:
- please keep in mind that these trails are also used for horseback riding
- horses have right of way
- keep right so others can pass
- some horses may be spooked by quiet hikers, let them know you are there
- communicate. Let other trail users know how to pass your horse safely.